If you are ever in need of legal representation for a criminal matter, then you must ask your solicitor a series of vital questions. These inquiries will help you ensure that you make the right decision when it comes to picking a lawyer for your case. Here are some of the critical questions you need to ask:
- How does your payment policy work? Is there some flexibility in negotiating payment periods?
- What experience do you have in criminal law, and more specifically, the current charge I am facing?
- How successful have you been in the past?
- What are your core values when representing a client like me?
- Is there anything that I need to do to improve my chances in court?
The above questions will ensure that your lawyer is honest and transparent with you, even when things might be looking dire.